Monday, November 19, 2007

Extreme Peeve


Dear Yeti,

Why is it that one a-hole always "replies all" to a company wide email by mistake? And is it appropriate to respond back to the a-hole and chide him or her for doing so?

Wow, great question. This one pisses me off beyond belief. I love it when I get a mass email that says Tina Bazooka has been promoted to First in Command Pizza Dough twirller at Pizza Tonight, or that Dirty Sanchez has been promoted to third-shift bathroom attendant at the Coyote Ugly in Denver. Do I know these people? Should I know these people?

If that's not bad enough, then you have Tina and Dirty sending congratulatory notes to each other...BY REPLYING ALL. Basically you spend your afternoon caught in a crappy email conversation that no one really cares about. As if I don't get enough crap, YouTubes and get rich quick emails everyday, now I have to deal with this.

Should you respond? Absolutely not. One of the best pieces of advice I can give anyone is that you should not write anything in an email you wouldn't say to someone in person. I've learned this the hard way. Grin and bear it. Or get creative and send your own reply to all if it makes you feel better. Me...I smile on the outside while I curse them on the inside. Now I'm hungry for pizza.

Until next time,

The Yeti

2 comments:

pH said...

I want pizza too now. And I don't think anyone named dirty should ever be hired to clean for a living. It's too much of a contradiction.

The Bar Belle said...

I'm hungry for dirty pizza.