Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Dear Yeti,

Where do babies come from?

I can tell you where babies used to come from. Service Merchandise. I remember back in the day when moms all over Southern Indiana would stand in line at this place to get their baby in a box. My mom was one of those ladies. She collected the babies, but typically left them in the box. I think there were a few people trampled at some point trying to get these babies. Some wanted to leave them in the box, some wanted to give them to their kids so they could have babies, some wanted to put them on the baby black market and make some cold hard cash. Very scary.



Soon the baby craze crapped out. That's because the Furbee showed up. Some stupid furball that "talked" to you. Or sang. Or something.



Then that damn thing died, so the babies came back. Beanie Babies. They typically came from Hallmark or the flea market. I remember being at my grandma's house and seeing thousands of these things staring at me. I think a few people died trying for these things as well.



Aren't you glad Christmas is here?

Until next time,

The Yeti

2 comments:

pH said...

Furbees died???????? my mom never told me that.

The Bar Belle said...

It was only Pound Puppies for me.