Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Turkey Bowl

Dear Yeti,

Why is it that some people play a three hour football game during Thanksgiving break, knowing they will feel like shit for a full week?

You're asking the wrong yeti. My ass played in one of these games this past Friday, and I don't know who I thought I was. It started out pretty tame, with lots of stretching and warming up. Last year we had someone pull a hamstring after the first 15 minutes, and I didn't want to be the one to do that.


Damn, gotta make one of these videos for next year

One thing to keep in mind is that playing isn't so bad. Yeah, you get out of breath a bit and start to slow down after a while, but you never really feel bad. It's after you stop running, throwing and pushing people around that you start to feel it a bit. But wait until you get home and get on the couch...you won't get up after a while. Not that you won't, but you can't.

Don't even think about tossing and turning that night in bed. And when you wake up in the morning...everything hurts. I mean everything. My ribs, back, legs, feet, name it, it hurts.


That's me, in the middle, Saturday morning

Funny thing is...some people want to play once per month. Reasoning is that it won't hurt so much if we do it more than just once per year. My feeling is I love life, and I'm too young for a HoverRound. I'll stick to once per year (by next year, I'll forget how much it hurt).

Until next time,

The Yeti

1 comment:

pH said...

Yeti, I would love a spin on your HoverRound if it ever does get to that point.